Five Ways to Know you have a Good Topic
To be of merit a topic does not have to possess all five characteristics, but should probably reflect at least one strongly.
- The topic is curricularly worth the time and effort it takes to create an activity and then use it in the classroom with students.
- You suspect there's great stuff on the Web to support this topic.
- People in the real world (not only those gathered in classrooms) might find the topic of interest and value.
- Whether you actively pursue it or leave it to students to make the connections themselves, the topic lends itself to a cross curricular perspective.
- You're excited just thinking about doing this activity with students.